Last update: 20 April 2019
Personal data are the details of an identified or identifiable natural person, e.g. name, address, telephone number, date of birth or e-mail address. As a rule, you can use our online platforms without providing any personal data. To use certain online platform, such as creating a Storyshaker-Account or subscribing to a newsletter. Personal data are therefore not generally processed, but only under certain circumstances and for specific purposes.
In order to provide our online offering as well as platforms such as the Storyshaker, we process personal data in the context of:
- Newsroom-websites: Personal data are processed via the logfiles, cookies, analysis tools, , contact forms and plug-ins of social media and other providers (read more about details later in this policy).
- Storyshaker account: Personal data are processed in order to open and maintain your Storyshaker account.
- Newsletter: Personal data are processed on the basis of your consent when you subscribe to the newsletter.
- Contact forms: Personal data are processed via contact forms when you submit suggestions and questions about our service.
- To make the online platforms available to users
- To optimize the online platforms
- To personalize the online platforms for their users
- To send out e-mail newsletters
- To create the Storyshaker account
- To protect the data of the online platform users
If you use the functionalities of the Storyshaker tool via your own Storyshaker account, we will process your personal data in order to initiate and fulfil the contract. If we obtain your consent to process your personal data, this serves as the legal basis. This is the case with newsletters or your subscription for the Storyshaker trial period, for example.
Each time you use the Internet, your browser automatically transmits certain data which we then store in log files.
- Information about the browser type and version used
- User’s operating system
- User’s Internet service provider
- User’s IP address
- Date and time of connection
- Website from which the user’s system was referred to our website
- Websites that the user’s system connects to from our website
- Name of the downloaded file
- Data volume transferred
- Message indicating if the download was successful
We store the log files for troubleshooting and security purposes. They are stored for up to 10 days and then deleted. Log files that need to continue to be stored for evidence purposes, are excluded from this deletion until the respective incident has been cleared up and may, in isolated cases, be passed on to the investigating authorities.
We need statistical information on the use of our online platforms in order to make them more user-friendly and to do market research. We use the following web analytics tools for this:
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). We use Google Analytics with Google’s “anonymize IP” feature. This means that Google truncates the IP address, normally within the EU, and in some exceptional cases, only when the data reaches the US. In any case, it only ever stores IP addresses in truncated form. You can opt out of having your data collected and processed by this tool by downloading the browser plug-in here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Keyhole: Keyhole is a service provided by Assetize Inc. d/b/a Keyhole, 325 Front Street West, 4th Floor, M5V 2Y1, Toronto ON, Canada («Keyhole»). We use Keyhole to track and measure digital campaigns related to the Storyshaker account. Please find further information about how and which personal data is tracked by Keyhole following this link: https://keyhole.co/privacy-policy.
Plug-ins allow us to integrate social media into the Newsroom-websites for the convenience of our users. In the following, the various providers of the plug-ins are jointly referred to as the «plug-in providers». The functions of the plug-ins are deactivated by default to prevent any automatic disclosure of the user data to the provider. Plug-ins only send the data once they have been activated, i.e. clicked by the user. Your Internet browser then sends the log files (including your IP address) directly to the plug-in provider’s server where they may be stored. The server may be located outside the EU or the EEA (e.g. in the USA). If you want to prevent a data exchange between your system and social media, you should log out of the social media before using Newsroom-websites. You should also activate private mode in your browser’s data privacy settings.
The plug-ins are independent extensions of the plug-in providers. Newsroom therefore has no influence over the scope of the data collected via the plug-ins and stored by the plug-in providers. If one of the plug-in providers above has placed cookies on your system, it can record your browsing behaviour and create detailed user profiles using tracking data.
Our online offering includes the creation of a Storyshaker account, which enables to spread as well as aggregate information. In order to set up an account, personal data is needed. This data is only processed for the initiation and fulfilling of the contract closed with your company as well as to maintain the business relationship. We delete data immediately, once there is no more purpose related to the above-mentioned.
We offer you the option to subscribe to our newsletter. When you do this, you give your consent to receive newsletter. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletters and push messages, you can revoke your consent at any time.
Newsroom uses the service provided by MailChimp to send the newsletter. This service is provided by Rocket Science Group LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. MailChimp is a service which organizes and analyzes the distribution of newsletters. If you provide data (e.g. your email address) to subscribe to our newsletter, it will be stored on MailChimp servers in the USA. We use MailChimp to analyze our newsletter campaigns. When you open an email sent by MailChimp, a file included in the email (called a web beacon) connects to MailChimp’s servers in the United States. This allows us to determine if a newsletter message has been opened and which links you click on. In addition, technical information is collected (e.g. time of retrieval, IP address, browser type, and operating system). This information cannot be assigned to a specific recipient. It is used exclusively for the statistical analysis of our newsletter campaigns. The results of these analyses can be used to better tailor future newsletters to your interests.
We use contact forms to help you contact us directly and, for example, send us questions or suggestions about our online platforms. The personal details we collect for this (e.g. last name, first name, address, e-mail) are used exclusively for the purposes indicated at the time.
For more about this, look up the instructions for your browser:
- Internet Explorer:http://windows.microsoft.com/de-de/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11-win-7external link
- Mozilla Firefox:https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-erlauben-und-ablehnenexternal link
- Google Chrome:https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647external link
Start your Free Trial
Discover all the possibilities with your 20 day free trial